Doreen Hannes has been an avid student of the effects of World Trade Organization Free Trade Agreements on the livelihoods of citizens of the United States since the establishment of the WTO and ratification of NAFTA in 1994-95. Her predominant area of interest has been the impact on independent agriculture and the ramifications of these agreements upon food freedom and consolidation of access to market for independent growers.
She has been a full time volunteer advocate for independent agriculture since 2005 and is a well-respected leader in the national movement to halt the National Animal Identification System, now known as ADT (Animal Disease Traceability). Doreen has written extensively on the topic of NAIS as well as authored and co-authored several white papers on NAIS and other topics affecting the consolidation of agriculture. She is a frequent guest on several talk radio shows, and a regular on Derry Brownfield, The Power Hour and Liberty Round Table. She writes for News With Views and has a blog called Truth Farmer. She hosted a radio show of the same name on Liberty News Radio for just short of a year. Doreen has served on the R-CALF USA Animal ID Committee for several years and was appointed the position of Director of Research for the National Independent Consumer and Farmers Association because of her dedication to the mission statement of the group and her ability to relate complex and unfamiliar material in a concise and meaningful manner.
One of her dominant operating principles is that there are two kinds of people….Those who want to be left alone, and those who won’t leave them alone.
Articles by Doreen Hannes
- Wanted: Prophets to Call America to Repentance
- Makers: Escaping the Pull of Big-Business
- Yes, I Blame White Liberals
- As in Libya, So in Syria: The Folly of Interventionism
- Representing the Almighty
- Phantom Tanks and the Desperation of Kiev
- Congress Goes Along With Undeclared War On ISIS
- Justice the Guardian of Liberty
- Beware: Facebook’s “Soft Censorship”
- The Tyranny of Democracy
- ISIS to the Rescue
- Americans’ Ignorance Enables While House Criminality
- The Undoing of US “Interventionism?”
- Accountability – The Check on Power
- NATO’s Options in Ukraine