* 1st prison sentence given to Jerry DeLemus in Bundy case in Nevada
DeLemus has been jailed for almost 16 months, so the sentence means the 62-year-old former U.S. Marine will spend about six more years behind bars.
Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro in Las Vegas added time after faulting DeLemus for trying to withdraw his pleas. She said she didn’t think he accepted responsibility for his actions.
“I have to say, Mr. DeLemus, that you unfortunately are blinded by the information you choose to believe,” she said.
His attorney, Dustin Marcello, said he will appeal.
Bundy, two of his sons and two other defendants are due for trial later this year. Six others, including two other Bundy sons, may not be tried until early next year.
* President Trump Plays the Hokey Pokey With Climate Accord
* FreedomWorks Applauds Withdrawal from Paris Agreement – Climate pact would cost the U.S. economy more than $2T, 400,000 jobs
* Several environmental groups are even claiming that Trump’s withdrawal from the Paris Agreement is racist.
* My job as President is to do everything within my power to give America a level playing field. #AmericaFirst???? ??