* Big government is officially back in style – Once Deficit Hawks, Republicans Open the Money Spigot. – NYT.
* Rand Paul wisely forced a government shutdown by blocking the vote for as long as he could in a protest against deficit spending.
* Paul: Make no mistake, I will always stand up for fiscal responsibility, regardless of which party is in power, and I will continue to call the Republican Party home to the ideas that led to Americans trusting us with government in the first place.
* Shame: Increased spending-passed the House by a 240-186 vote – 78-21 vote in the Senate.
* Disappointed: Trump signs the legislation.