* Guest: Lowell Nelson – CampaignForLiberty.org – RonPaulInstitute.org.
* Memorial Day, formerly called Decoration Day, first celebrated in southern states from 1861 to 1865 (during the “War of Northern Aggression”!
* James Madison (fourth president and a framer of our Constitution) wrote, “Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other [enemy to liberty].”
* Real Patriotism on Memorial Day Means Losing Fewer Soldiers in Meaningless Wars.
* The War Prayer – Mark Twain – WarPrayer.org.
* We suggest, on this Memorial Day, the most patriotic support for our troops we could proffer would be to bring them home. Return them to their families and loved ones. End the senseless violence in so many countries around the world, particularly in the Middle East.
* The surest way to defeat your enemy is to make him your friend. This is done through trade. Where goods cross borders, soldiers do not.
* Yes, there may be a place for war, as a last resort, when all other remedies have been exhausted. But the wars in which the US is presently involved are not such wars.
* Why Ron Paul Thinks He Would Likely Be Impeached if He Were President.
* What would Ron Paul do if he were president?
veto the spending bills, bring the US troops home from overseas (US has spent $5 trillion on these wars, not to mention the erosion of civil liberties here at home, such as the Patriot Act), and investigate the Federal Reserve and curtail its power (learn who is the “deep state”).
* Connecticut Votes to Scrap the Constitutional Method of Presidential Election.