* Cuomo Declares Emergency Over Gun Violence in New York, a First for a State – NYT.
* Biden Outlines a Door-to-Door COVID Vaccine Campaign Push.
* Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt identified – House sergeant at arms Timothy Blodgett inadvertently disclosed name in congressional testimony – Acting Sergeant At Arms Accidentally CONFIRMS that Lieutenant Mike Byrd KILLED Ashli Babbitt.
* De-escalation tool wraps arms, legs without pain – Olivia Munson, Arizona Republic.
* The de-escalation tool was created about four years ago, according to Tom Smith, CEO and president of WRAP Technologies, which is headquartered in Tempe, Arizona. The BolaWrap is hand-held like a Taser, but is shaped more like a cellphone and, once it is activated, it discharges an 8-foot Kevlar cord to “restrain uncooperative suspects or nonresponsive persons in crisis from a distance,” according to its website.
* BolaWrap: People Are Divided Over High-Tech Cop Lasso.
* Rachel Nichols Issues an Apology ESPN reporter is sorry for what she said about Maria Taylor. ESPN employees have also reportedly been choosing sides. Former ESPN journalist Jason Whitlock thinks the Times story is a “plant” and the whole scandal is a “contract leverage play by Taylor’s reps” as her contract is set to expire this month.
* Transracial? Florida man, born white, says he feels Filipino!
* Fox Wants to Do for TV Weather What It Did for Cable News – Michael M. Grynbaum.