* The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Washington DC Temple Open House Creates Special Experience for Neighbors and Friends.
* Two main goals of temple open houses in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are to increase understanding and build bridges with the community.
* Jeffrey Goldberg, editor in chief of the Atlantic (a major monthly U.S. magazine) welcomed the invitation to walk through the renovated house of the Lord in the nation’s capital.
* Goldberg was one of multitudes of invited guests who toured the renovated temple this week. Some 4,300 guests walked through this house of the Lord this week alone. Other notable journalists at the temple this week included Wolf Blitzer, Dana Bash, and Sam Feist of CNN.
* Sam Feist, CNN’s Washington Bureau chief, said: “I was taken aback by the light, the brightness, the brightness of the bridge entering the temple, the brightness of the lighting.
* On April 28, the open house will expand to the general public.