* Guest: Richard Mack Founder and President of CSPOA – A partnership between citizens and local law enforcement, especially sheriffs. Mack encourages those not in law enforcement to stand with their sheriffs. – CSPOA.org
* Hispanic Texans may now be the state’s largest demographic group, new census data shows.
* Global audience for Queen’s funeral likely exceeded 4B!
* This Ad’s for You (Not Your Neighbor). – NYT. – Data mining plus streaming can target political ads household by household, largely unregulated.
* Tens of thousands of voters in the Detroit area who watch streaming video services were shown different local campaign ads pegged to their political leanings.
* Streaming has become the most highly viewed TV medium in the United States, according to Nielsen.
* Now campaigns are employing advanced consumer-profiling and automated ad-buying services to deliver different streaming video messages, tailored to specific voters. ‘In the digital ad world, you’re buying the person, not the content,’ said Mike Reilly, a partner at MVAR Media, a progressive political consultancy that creates ad campaigns for candidates and advocacy groups.
* Political consulting firms can buy profiles on more than 200 million voters, including details on an individual’s party affiliations, voting record, political leanings, education levels, income and consumer habits.
* Some streaming services and ad tech firms allow political campaigns to provide lists of specific voters to whom they wish to show ads.
* Illegal immigration under President Joe Biden in 2022 is costing American taxpayers more than former President Donald Trump’s proposed border wall, according to a report conducted by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).
* The 1.3 million illegal migrants released into the country under the Biden administration will cost taxpayers $20.4 billion this year, with each migrant costing $9,232 per year, according to the report. The Trump administration appropriated $15 billion for the construction of a border wall.