Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 54:50 — 25.1MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | TuneIn | RSS | More
* Crazy Joe Biden called for “banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines” Tuesday after a gunman fatally shot three people and wounded five others at Michigan State University on Monday night.
* Anthony Dwayne McRae, 43, Police say he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound miles from campus as officers closed in on him.
* “I am 21 years old, and this is the second mass shooting that I have now lived through,” says Jackie Matthews – She was a student at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut “10 years and two months ago” – We can no longer provide just love and prayers. There needs to be legislation. There needs to be action.
* People familiar with McRae, who committed suicide when police closed in, say he was socially isolated and appeared emotionally unstable at times.
* “His mom died from a stroke, and he just started getting evil and mean. He didn’t care about anything anymore,” McRae’s father, Michael, told NBC News. “He was grieving his mom. He wouldn’t let it go. He got bitter, bitter and bitter.”
* McRae’s sister, Melinda, described her brother as a socially isolated person who often fought with their parents.
* The sister said she and her siblings grew up in a loving home – Not!
* McRae’s older brother, whose name is Michael Jr., said he had not talked with his brother since their mother’s funeral in 2020.
* Anthony Dwayne McRae was “totally lost” gunman was mama’s boy, and had started looking like a toothless “wolf man” — but refused to get help, according to his family.
* 67th mass shooting in the US so far this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive.