Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 54:50 — 25.1MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | TuneIn | RSS | More
* More Juicy Facts about Ron DeSantis – Joel Skousen, WorldAffairsBrief.com
* The only bad compromise DeSantis made was agreeing to allow all Disney’s properties to remain “exempt from property taxes,” which has for years added to the property tax burden of Florida homeowners. There’s no reason why Disney should be property tax exempt.
* US government takes control of Silicon Valley Bank!
* Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has been shut down by regulators after its stock plunged by 60% on Thursday and 62% in premarket trading Friday due to mass customer withdrawals.
* The bank was one of the largest financial institutions in the US – And the biggest bank in Silicon Valley. The collapse of SVB is the largest bank meltdown since Washington Mutual in 2008.
* Roku Says $487 Million of Its Cash, or 26%, Was Held in Failed Silicon Valley Bank.
* Perth Mint Sold Billions In Diluted Gold To China, Tried To Cover It Up – zerohedge.com
* Check Fraud Is on the Rise – If you use paper checks and send them through the mail, it may be time to stop. Check fraud linked to mail theft has surged across the country, according to a recent alert to banks from the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, part of the Treasury Department.
* The use of paper checks has been declining for decades, yet criminals have been increasingly targeting mailboxes to commit check fraud, the financial crimes network, known as FinCEN, said. Last year, reports of check fraud filed by banks nearly doubled to 680,000, from 350,000 in 2021, according to FinCEN. The network said it issued the alert last month in collaboration with the US Postal Inspection Service, the law enforcement arm of the post office.
* Rush Limbaugh’s wife sells his longtime Palm Beach home for record $155M – NYPost.com
* Actress Jane Fonda suggested on “The View” Friday that people “murder” pro-lifers.
* What is a sovereign citizen? – Kyle Dunphey, Deseret News.
* The FBI lists the group as a domestic terrorist movement, and describes them as “a loose network of individuals.”