Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 54:50 — 25.1MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | TuneIn | RSS | More
* Guest: Eldon Stahl – Field Coordinator – The John Birch Society – JBS.org – TheNewAmerican.com
* Guest: Kelly Finnegan, Over the past 50 years, Rust Coins has been working to educate customers about precious metals – RustCoinAndGift.com
* Honest Money Report: Gold: $1960.40 Silver: $23.58.
* It’s Time to Abolish the Property Tax – Luis Miguel, TheNewAmerican.com
* Philosophically, the property tax is totally anti-American and violates the property rights that are such a central tenet of the nation’s founding. The very idea that you can lose your property for not paying a tax to the government is a complete destruction of property rights.
After all, you only truly own something if no one else has any claim to it.
In the same way, so long as Americans are forced to pay property taxes under the threat of having their home and land confiscated, they don’t really own their property. The property tax has reduced us to renters in perpetuity, with the government merely giving us “permission” to stay in our homes so long as we pay them the ransom money.
* Getting rid of the property tax would be one of the most popular proposals Republicans could put forward. What homeowner in his right mind wouldn’t want to pay less to the government?