* Guest: Bryan Rust, Over the past 50 years, Rust Coins has been working to educate customers about precious metals – RustCoinAndGift.com
* Honest Money Report: Gold: $1659.70 Silver: $19.57.
* JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon Says There’s a Much Bigger Worry Than Recession.
* Chris Licht, the chairman of CNN, told employees in a memo that executives would take a hard look at spending across the business, signaling budget cuts and layoffs before the end of the year.
* Meta Braces For Trouble As Its Profit Slumps 52% – Sales way down at FACEBOOK, stock tumbles.
* Ford Motor Lost Money Last Quarter As Costs Soar – The automaker is struggling with supply chain problems and wrote off its investment in a self-driving technology business.
* A inverted yield curve between three-month and 10-year interest rates is considered by Wall Street as a reliable sign of an impending economic slump.
* Is a Financial Reset’ Coming in 2023?
* Bill Introduced in Congress to Restore Gold Standard – Peter Rykowski, Legislation has been introduced in Congress to restore the gold standard — a major step toward adhering to the US Constitution and bringing back sound-money policies – TheNewAmerican.com
* HR9157, titled the Gold Standard Restoration Act, is sponsored by US Rep. Alex Mooney Va If enacted, it would be a significant step to restoring sanity to US monetary policy.
* In its list of legislative findings, the bill correctly notes that “The Federal Reserve note has lost more than 30% of its purchasing power since 2000, and 97% of its purchasing power since the passage of the Federal Reserve Act in 1913,” and it notes that under official Fed policy, “the dollar loses half of its purchasing power every 35 years.”
* Emphasizing the need for “a stable dollar, fixed exchange rates, and money supply controlled by the market not the government,” HR9157 states that returning to the gold standard is necessary for monetary and fiscal sanity, along with limited government. It states, “The gold standard puts control of the money supply with the market instead of the Federal Reserve, discourages excessive deficit spending, and encourages the balancing of Federal budgets.”
* Ultimately, Congress must completely abolish the Federal Reserve. However, HR9157 would be a great first step toward restoring adherence to the Constitution and sound monetary policy.
* California: The Oakland Police Department Wants to Arm Robots with Shotguns!