Dear Mr. Trump,
I am concerned about the fantastic interview we had with your son, Donald Jr. on my radio show, Liberty RoundTable Live, on March 1, 2016 – Super Tuesday. The reason I am troubled relates to the series of events that have taken place after our interview.
The lame stream “press-titutes” have misrepresented the facts, and in many cases, have outright lied about Donald Jr., myself, and James Edwards. The intentional insertion of these misrepresentations by the bogus press into your campaign is even more reprehensible and wrong!
To understand what’s happening, please see the headline from my Liberty RoundTable radio show notes:
- The Bogus Press-titutes Now Try to Pit Sam Bushman, James Edwards and the Trump Campaign Against Each Other– Liberty RoundTable
Now see some of the headlines from the intellectually dishonest media:
- White Nationalist Show’s Syndicator Threatens To Release Emails Proving Trump Camp Lied About Interview– Media Matters
- Donald Trump Jr. Explains That White Supremacist Radio Interview Was an Accident – Mediaite
- Radio personality who interviewed Donald Trump Jr.: Slavery is ‘greatest thing’ that happened to African Americans! – Politico (Politico has since printed a correction/retraction)
- Donald Trump Jr Disavows Radio Host Over Racist Views – Bloomberg
- Donald Trump Jr. appears with white supremacist on radio – Reuters
We believe this constitutes an intentional assault on the free speech rights of all Americans.
A few years ago, James Edwards appeared multiple times on CNN as a political contributor/commentator. CNN clearly knew who James was and still allowed Mr. Edwards to speak for himself regarding his personal views, to which he’s entitled. In fact, it was because of his willingness to tackle controversial topics that they sought his opinion. During each of his appearances CNN always accurately introduced Mr. Edwards as a “conservative” talk radio host rather than the slurs we read today.
Now the media wants to indoctrinate the American people to falsely believe that if the Trump Campaign – and specifically Donald Trump Jr. – doesn’t directly disavow James Edwards and Sam Bushman, then somehow the Trump Campaign is evil and endorses a so-called “white supremacist” view. This falsehood highlights the problem with their dishonest reporting and (lack of facts) agenda.
We should agree that there is a difference between free speech and attacks that cross the line, limited by laws surrounding defamation, libel, and slander. We further believe this right applies to all Americans and that neither the media nor government should be allowed a platform to abuse the citizens they are supposed to serve. Protection of first amendment rights and respect for all is a prerequisite to restoring trust between citizens and those who serve them. We declare that silence on this critical matter has become a de facto endorsement of free speech violations under the guise of political correctness. We intend to use our rights in the form of nationally syndicated talk radio shows, YouTube and web articles to document this moral crisis, expose corruption and the egregious personal attacks articulated above.