* State needs to do more to collect $552M in unpaid taxes, auditor says.
Lawmakers want to ensure the state collects what’s owed, they also want to make sure it’s not done too forcefully.
“We don’t want to be too draconian in our practices,” the outgoing speaker said. “It’s a balancing act.
* E-cigarette warnings to arrive in high school bathrooms nationwide – CNN.
FDA will take the message that vaping is dangerous into high school bathrooms and social media feeds of those at-risk youth to stop what the FDA calls an epidemic of e-cigarette use by minors.
* Ron Paul: During my 2012 campaign for president, crowds cheered when I called for abolishing five cabinet-level departments.
I placed the Departments of Education, Interior, Energy, Housing and Urban Development, and Commerce on the chopping block. My plan was so popular, other candidates tried to adopt the idea for themselves — even if they couldn’t always remember the names of specific departments.
* SLC receives $1.9M federal grant to retrofit homes from earthquakes.
* Man cited after walking on cone of Yellowstone’s Old Faithful.
* CNN Still Won’t Retract Carl Bernstein’s Bogus Lies.
* Obama requirement blamed for doctor burnout.
* Angel Dad: If Lawmakers Really Cared About Citizens, They Would Secure the Border.
* Lead Singer of U2 Bono, Gives Nazi Salute While Mocking Swedish Populists at Paris Show.
* Suspect Tries to Steal Car with 5-Year-Old in Back Seat, Gets Shot Dead by Child’s Father.