* The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issues a statement opposing the Equality Act currently before Congress.
* “While providing extremely broad protections for LGBT rights, the Equality Act provides no protections for religious freedom,” the statement said.
* The legislation doesn’t “meet the standard of fairness for all,” contending it would strip key religious freedom protections.
* The Equality Act would “threaten religious employment standards, devastate religious education, defund numerous religious charities.
* The Southern Baptist Convention and the Roman Catholic Church are among others that oppose the measure.
* Amazon: Quit your job and we’ll help you start a business delivering packages.
* Walmart rolling out next-day delivery on its most popular items, increasing the stakes in the retail shipping wars.
* iPhone owners can sue Apple over App Store, Supreme Court rules – CNet.
* WhatsApp says a vulnerability let mobile phones be infected with sophisticated spyware.
* WhatsApp said the attack had all the hallmarks of a private company known to work with governments to infect phones.
* The Financial Times identified the company Monday as Israel’s NSO Group, whose Pegasus software is known to have been used against rights activists.
* Donald Hosts Iftar Dinner for Ramadan; Condemns New Zealand Mosque Attacks.
* Joe Biden: ‘Not a Single Bit of Evidence’ Son Asked Me to Help Him in Ukraine.
* DC-AREA RADIO STATION TOLD TO REGISTER AS RUSSIAN AGENT.