* CEO Elon Musk foresees a profitable future fueled in part by a ride-hailing service made up of electric cars driven by robots.
* STUDY: Driving Electric Cars Can Be Dirtier Than Using Diesel Engines.
* Costly Electric Vehicles Hardly Do Anything To Help The Environment) “It will come down to where is the battery made, how is it made, and even where do we get our electric power from,” said Henrik Fisker, a CEO of a company that develops electric vehicles, in a statement to Bloomberg.
* The supply of lithium-ion batteries is expected to come from countries such as China, Germany, Poland, and Thailand – places where coal still takes up a big share of the energy portfolio.
* Engaged Tracking, a London-based research firm, found in June that the production of Tesla vehicles may be just as bad for the environment as diesel or petrol-fueled cars.
* A study released by the Manhattan Institute in May reached similar conclusions.
* Electric car critics have also called out manufacturers for the number of tax subsidies they receive from the U.S. government.
* States Sue IRS, Treasury To Strike Down SALT Cap Under New Tax Law.
* UN Climate Summit To Emit More CO2 Than 8,200 American Homes Do In A Year.
* Mercedes unveils electric car in direct German challenge to Tesla.
* Bill Gates Is Building His Own ‘Smart’ City.
* Roseville, MI Taylor Trupiano gets $128 ticket for heating up car in own driveway.
* Average used-car price tops $20,000, sets record – USAToday.
* Smart cars are inherently hackable!
* A woman learned the limits of GPS Wednesday when she turned off a road onto railway tracks and got stuck – USA Today.