* Guest: Bryan Rust – Over the past 50 years, Rust Coins has been working to educate customers about precious metals – RustCoinAndGift.com.
* Honest Money Report: Gold: $1520.90 Silver: $17.36.
* Nixon Slams Shut the “Gold Window” – and lied about it!
* Today in history, on August 15, 1971, President Richard Nixon slammed shut the “gold window” and eliminated the last vestige of the gold standard.
* By executive order, Nixon uncoupled gold from its fixed $35 price and suspended the ability of foreign banks to directly exchange dollars for gold. Nixon promised the action would be temporary.
* Is a Currency War Coming?
* Global Stocks Volatile After China Promises Tariff Retaliation – WSJ.com.
Stocks set for strong open after China says it hopes to meet halfway on trade issues – CNBC.
* Here are the worst stock performers as the Dow drops 800 points – MarketWatch.
* Stocks Plunged After the Yield Curve Inverted. History Says Don’t Worry Yet – Barron’s.
* Stocks tumble as Treasury bond market sends recession warning – CNBC.com.
* Recession watch: What is an ‘inverted yield curve’ and why does it matter? – Washington Post.
* Banks are paying people to borrow money. That’s alarming news for the global economy.
* Trump: Fed to Blame for ‘Crazy Inverted Yield Curve’.