* Guest: Lowell Nelson – CampaignForLiberty.org – RonPaulInstitute.org.
* Book: I Am Malala, Movie: He Named Me Malala.
First, we must stand up for education.
Second, we must fight violence and ignorance with peace and dialogue and education.
Third, we must end the US foreign policy of interventionism. We must adopt a policy of non-interventionism.
* excellent article from Thomas Massie and John Lott – “‘Red Flag’ Laws Are the Wrong Solution to Mass Shootings.”
Red flag laws haven’t reduced crimes, and the potential for misuse is great.
* “Seventeen states have now adopted these laws. Thirteen states passed these laws since Parkland last year.”
CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, HI, IL, IN, MD, MA, NV, NJ, NY, OR, RI, VT, WA, and Washington DC.
not only do red flag laws violate your right to due process, but they also do not prevent someone from killing himself or others.
They also explain why such laws have a “chilling effect” on one’s efforts to reach out to others for help.
* Utah Taxpayers Fund the United Nations Conference in Salt Lake City.
On the radio last week, Lowell heard that the Utah Legislature allocated $650,000 (one-time funding) to host the 2019 United Nations Civil Society Conference.
* George Washington said, “Private property and freedom are inseparable.” John Adams said, “Property must be secure, or liberty cannot exist.”