* DC health officials recommend canceling all mass gatherings.
* More than 100 colleges cancel in-person classes, move online – USA Today.
* The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Gatherings of Church Members Temporarily Suspended Worldwide. Local leaders will counsel to determine how to make the sacrament available to members at least once a month.
* Dr. Brian Monahan, attending physician of Congress, told a closed meeting of Senate staffers this week that 70 million to 150 million Americans – a third of the nation – could contract the coronavirus.
* Dr. Anthony Fauci testified that the mortality rate for COVID-19 will likely run near 1%. Translation: Between 750,000 and 1.1 million Americans may die of this disease.
if Fauci’s 1% mortality rate estimate is on target, between 3 and 5B people on earth will be infected, and 30 to 50M will die.
* Dayton (Ohio) Police and University of Dayton Police were called to a student neighborhood late: After college cancels classes over coronavirus, 1,000 students gather in street, jump on cars, throw objects at cops — in apparent celebration – TheBlaze.com.
* New York’s attorney general Letita James’ is demanding that Alex Jones stop hawking coronavirus treatments. His letter to Jones was the fourth that James’ office has issued this week. One ordered televangelist Jim Bakker to stop selling a purported coronavirus cure. The state of Missouri sued Bakker this week over the sales.
* FDA warns Idaho company to stop selling fraudulent coronavirus treatments – Idaho Statesman.
* Iran digs trenches totaling length of football field to bury coronavirus dead.