* Guest: Bryan Rust – Over the past 50 years, Rust Coins has been working to educate customers about precious metals – RustCoinAndGift.com.
* Honest Money Report: Gold: $1897.10 Silver: $26.47.
* a group of restaurants filed a lawsuit challenging the county’s ban on indoor dining in Maryland.
* A group of New York City restaurant and bar owners filed a class-action lawsuit against New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Christmas day, arguing that allowing indoor dining actually saves lives.
* Officials have now detected the more contagious mutant strain of coronavirus from the UK in both California and Colorado.
* Note to Super Wealthy: One Way to Avoid Other Vacationers? Book the Entire Hotel.
* Health care experts are warning that it may take the remainder of the decade for the US to reach its vaccination goal.
* A member of President-elect Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisory board has admitted that excessive lockdowns across the country in the spring were a mistake. Epidemiologist Michael Osterholm of the University of Minnesota told Bloomberg that shutting down businesses in places with very few cases, was counterproductive to fighting the coronavirus pandemic. He compared the situation to hurricane warnings , which people usually take seriously because they’re almost always right and not overused.
* federal health officials: An education campaign aimed at encouraging Americans to get vaccinated against the coronavirus will launch in January.
* Bill Gates, Pfizer CEO planning to take vaccine.
* Third wave of COVID-19 flooding nation’s ICUs – USA Today.
* A woman at a St. Louis gas station hit a sheriff’s deputy with the deputy’s baton after being told she could not enter without a mask.