* Newly released FBI documents link Saudi spy in California to 9/11 attacks: ’50/50 chance’ he knew of terror plot – USA Today.
* The alleged aviation official was really a Saudi spy who reported directly to a Saudi prince that was an influential ambassador in Washington and a close friend of President George W. Bush and other top US government officials.
* intelligence officials concluded in 2017 that California-based Saudi spy Omar al Bayoumi not only helped several 9/11 hijackers to find housing in San Diego, but that there was a “50/50 chance” he “had advanced knowledge” of their deadly plans. For years, top FBI leaders and Justice Department officials kept this information secret, refusing to tell Congressional investigators, the 9/11 Commission and the more than 10,000 American citizens who had signed on to a massive federal lawsuit that seeks to link Saudi officials to 9/11.
* Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, attended Donald Trump’s rally Jan. 6, 2021, that preceded the Capitol riot.
* Elon Musk challenges Vladimir Putin to single combat on Twitter: ‘Stakes are Ukraine’.
* The US warned China that it will face consequences if it supports Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, after reports that the Kremlin asked Beijing to supply military equipment. Meanwhile, talks between Moscow and Kyiv resume today.
* Schools got record federal money during COVID. They’re having a hard time spending it all – USA Today.
* Amazon is temporarily closing a Seattle office due to an increase in crime, including shootings and carjackings – Bloomberg.
* Sen. Rand Paul put forward an amendment Monday that would “eliminate” Dr. Anthony Fauci’s role as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). “We’ve learned a lot over the past two years, but one lesson in particular is that no one person should be deemed ‘dictator-in-chief,'” Paul said in a statement.
* India may accept an offer from Russia to buy its crude oil and other commodities at a discount after the US announced it would ban Russian oil imports.