* Gap will eliminate nearly 500 corporate jobs, joining other struggling retailers as the industry sees a post-pandemic slump and battles high inflation.
* Gap’s cuts follow a string of corporate layoffs across all sectors of the economy. 7- Eleven cut 880 corporate employees and online retailer Shopify laid off around 1,000 employees, Walmart let go 200 corporate employees and Ford announced plans to let go nearly 2000 white-collar workers.
* Goldman Sachs is expected to fire around 500 employees this fall. Corporate layoffs in the retail sector have been attributed to slowing retail sales, as inflation pressures consumers to focus on necessities and less on nonessential items, leading to backlogs in unsold inventory – WSJ.
* Panel Recommends an Anxiety Screening for All Americans Under 65 – It made a similar recommendation for children and teenagers earlier this year.
* The advisory group is called the US Preventive Services Task Force – The panel, appointed by an arm of HHS has been preparing the guidance since before the pandemic.
* What Is Your ESG Credit Score?
* ESG – Environmental, Social and Governance Overview and Framework.
* ESG scores are a social credit system designed to transform society.
* Free Will and Free Speech – Sidney Powell.
* Care to guess what the true inflation rate is today? – The government says it’s 8.5%.
* If you calculate inflation the same way the government did in 1980, it’s actually closer to 17%.
* Trump’s brash style and confrontational personality are at least as important as his politics, Tom Klingenstein, chairman of the conservative Claremont Institute think tank.
* Trump showed us that we’re in a war. And he smoked out rats: the media, we now know, is corrupt. We knew it was biased, but now we know it’s absolutely corrupt.