Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 54:50 — 25.1MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | TuneIn | RSS | More
* Forty-seven Alameda County Sheriff’s deputies were stripped of their guns, duties after receiving unsatisfactory scores on psychological exams.
* The New Orleans Police Department is hiring 50 to 75 civilians amid a staffing crisis to reduce the workload on officers and decrease the police response time, NOPD Superintendent Shaun Ferguson said in a press conference. Some civilians will be trained to take over detective work, according to Ferguson.
* New Orleans was the murder capital of the US for the first half of 2022, with homicides up 46% from the prior year and 141% from 2019, according to WDSU 6. “The goal of all of this is to make our officers feel safe so that they can make our citizens and visitors feel safe,” Ferguson said.
* Liz Cheney Says Will Campaign for Democrats, Leave Republican Party If Trump Is 2024 Nominee.
* An article from CNN stated Democrats see abortion as their “silver bullet issue in 2022.” – With Planned Parenthood bragging that they’re prepared to spend $50M in the lead up to the November Midterms, this is an EMERGENCY!
* Morgan Stanley’s Chief US Equity Strategist Michael Wilson said that he’s convinced a corporate earnings recession is coming—and that it could be worse than a “normal” recession. “We think it’s unavoidable!