* Poll: Most in US say misinformation spurs extremism, hate – Today Overall, 91% of adults say the spread of misinformation is a problem, with 74% calling it a major problem. Only 8% say misinformation isn’t a problem at all – forbes.com
* A Connecticut jury ordered Alex Jones to pay nearly $1B to Sandy Hook families over the Elementary School shooting for spreading lies.
* Mr. Jones’s annual revenues have topped $50M in recent years from selling diet supplements, survivalist gear and gun paraphernalia on his show.
* The six-person jury was tasked with determining how much the Infowars show host should pay to 15 plaintiffs-including victims’ families and an FBI agent-for calling the massacre a hoax.
* Jones Calls Judgment a Joke! – Jones asked, Do these people actually think they’re getting any money? He implored his audience to “flood us with donations” and said he’ll do a 16-hour show to “save Infowars.
* How much should the IRS pay Sam Bushman for Lies, for creating a ‘living hell’ of harassment and intimidation for more 35 years?
* SHAME! across the nation, Republican candidates are waffling on their abortion positions, denying past behavior, GOP candidates have been erasing sections about abortion from their websites and trying to change the subject.
* No-knock raids frequently put police and civilians at heightened risk, according to a new American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) report.
* An estimated 20,0000 law enforcement raids are conducted annually nationwide, with warrants that do not require police to announce their presence or identify themselves before entering homes, ALEC Criminal Justice Task Force Director Nino Marchese’s report says. It calls no-knock raids “double-edged swords” that often increase the injury or death risk for police and civilians.
* Why Hurricanes Are Intensifying, and at a Faster Pace – Elena Shao.