* We can only hope that if the GOP does take back Congress, they’ll actually do something to stop them.
* A Bloomberg Economics model shows the likelihood of a recession beginning at some point before October 2023 at 100%.
* As kids get ready to go trick-or-treating for Halloween, the price of candy, chewing gum, and other sweets has reached its highest level ever recorded. The US continues to suffer from 40-year high inflation.
* LA prosecutors: China had back-door access to US election data – ‘This is probably the largest data breach in United States history’ – Art Moore, WND.com
* Los Angeles County prosecutor Eric Neff said Chinese contractors working for a Michigan-based software company had direct control over US election data through an app for poll workers called PollChief.
* The prosecutor, describing the volume of data in the breach as “astounding,” was commenting on the criminal case against Eugene Yu, the CEO of Konnech, for storing Los Angeles election worker data on servers based in China.
* The complaint issued by the L.A. District Attorney’s Office cited as evidence a message from a Konnech project manager through a Chinese-owned messaging app that said “any employee for Chinese contractors working on PollChief software had ‘superadministration’ privileges for all PollChief clients.”
* The security breach through the Konnech software was discovered by the election integrity group True the Vote.
* Later, however, after working together on a “counter-intelligence operation,” Engelbrecht and Phillips said the FBI turned against them, and they sought out independent researchers to assist.
* Konnech is also closely tied to another Chinese election software firm, Jinhua Hongzheng Technology, as evidenced by patent transfers, employee profiles and domain registrations.
* True the Vote whose investigation of ballot trafficking was featured in the film “2000 Mules” – was sued last month by Konnech.