* It Can Happen Here, The Mormon Trail of Tears. – Few people know the extraordinary persecutions that the early members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints had to endure in the City of Navoo, Illinois in 1844-1846.
* A letter to the Church leadership reveals Governor Thomas Ford’s true character.
* Alexander Doniphan: Courageous Defender & Friend of the Mormon Saints!
* President Van Buren’s reply: ‘Gentlemen, your cause is just but I can do nothing for you;’ and the cold unfeeling manner in which he was treated by most of the senators and representatives in relation to the subject, [Henry] Clay saying, ‘You had better go to Oregon,” and [John C.]Calhoun shaking his head solemnly, saying, “It’s a nice question – a critical question; but it will not do to agitate it.’
* Eventually, the latter-day-saints were driven out of the United States of America and settled in Mexico (what is today Utah). Though they were hunted like rabbits, had their property destroyed, and were denied their Constitutional rights, they did avoid the abomination of desolation that always results when a nation turns its back on God, and persecute His saints.
* On June 25, 1976, Governor Kit Bond issued an executive order rescinding the Extermination Order, recognizing its legal invalidity and formally apologizing on behalf of the State of Missouri for the suffering it had caused the Mormons.
* Nations are not punished in the afterlife, they eventually meet their fate in this present mortal sphere. The Civil War, the War of Northern Aggression was the punishment on this nation that turned its back on the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints.
* 618,222 men and women died during the War of Northern Aggression. Eventually, the scales of justice come back into balance.
* Today we find ourselves in a similar situation; the scales of justice are in a serious state of imbalance. When they will be set back into balance, I cannot tell you, but that they will be set back into balance is beyond doubt.
* What side of the ledger we will find ourselves on is entirely up to us as individuals. I, as Uncle Ted Nugent is fond of saying, would hope to be found in the asset column.
* It is our hope and prayer that we would all repent and do what we can to restore the God-ordained Constitutional foundation of this country so that we do not have to repeat history and incur the same fate that those wicked early inhabitants of this continent were condemned to suffer in both time and eternity.