Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 54:50 — 25.1MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | TuneIn | RSS | More
* Southwest Airlines Meltdown! – Grounds Passengers Despite $7B in Federal Subsidies.
* World Doesn’t Have Enough Planes as Travel Roars Back.
* Republican Congressman-Elect George Santos Caught Lying about Almost Everything.
* House Republican leaders were strangely silent after Representative-elect George Santos admitted to a laundry list of falsehoods about his background but still vowed to be seated in Congress.
* Santos acknowledged in a series of interviews on Monday that he lied about graduating from college and made misleading claims that he worked for Citigroup or Goldman Sachs. He also acknowledged owing thousands of dollars in unpaid rent and denied committing a crime anywhere in the world, despite a New York Times report to the contrary.
* In his interview with The Post, Mr. Santos admitted that he had lied about his education. ‘I didn’t graduate from any institution of higher learning.’ he told the newspaper. ‘I’m embarrassed and sorry for having embellished my Resume. Mr. Santos says he is not Jewish.
* If Republican leaders demanded Mr. Santos resign, and he did so – it would prompt a special election in a swing seat, a potential blow to Republicans’ already precarious majority.
* Senator Rand Paul’s ‘Festivus’ Report Documents Over $428B in Government Waste.