* Georgia Congressman Paul Broun said he would never vote for a legislative measure unless it meets four tests: Is it moral and good? Is it constitutional? Do we need it? Can we pay for it?
* The AM for Every Vehicle Act!
* Ford Reverses Position on AM Radio in Vehicles CEO Jim Farley says the company recognizes AM’s importance to emergency broadcasts.
* A host of automakers including Tesla, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Volvo, and Volkswagen that have been gradually phasing out AM radio in their electric vehicles.
* Merry Christmas: Do you know what the Motorola “Symphony digital radio” Project was?
* Motorola Symphony Digital Radio – RadioWorld.com
* JPMorgan Chase announced that it would spend more than $200 million to purchase the removal of a massive amount of carbon dioxide from the air in a bid to boost the development of carbon dioxide removal (CDR) technology.
* The massive investment from the largest bank in the US would pull the equivalent of 800,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide from the air, the second-largest carbon removal purchase by volume in the industry’s history – WSJ.
* This investment still falls well short of the nearly 3 million tons of removal purchased by tech titan Microsoft, JPMorgan expects that it will allow it to fully offset any and all operational carbon emissions with CDR by 2030.
* A California university did not report hundreds of millions of dollars in funding from the Chinese government that was used to launch a joint research campus in China.
* Between 2014 and 2018, the University of California at Berkeley received a $240 million investment from the Chinese government and Tsinghua University — which has been called ” China’s MIT ” — to launch a joint research facility in Shenzhen, China, known as the Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI), – Daily Beast.